> I hope Protel fixes this in future releases.
>
> I hate it when I open up a DDB file just to look at something, and it
> changes the file date.  IT SHOULD NOT DO THAT!
>
> I use file dates to know when I last worked with that project, and this
> SCREWS UP that knowledge.
>
> Ivan Baggett

I take it you are aware that it is possible to set the DDB file's "read
only" attribute, then open this for viewing, then clear that attribute
afterwards. (Prior to SP?, it was not possible to open a DDB file whose
"read only" attribute was set, so things *have* changed in that regard.)

That said, it is still a big pain to have to go through these procedures
just to view a file.

Advance publicity suggests that Phoenix will be offering three forms of
saving files. Perhaps two of these will be the existing options ("Windows"
and "database"), with time telling what the other form will be like. But it
would be nice if all of the options permitted files to be viewed without
their file dates changing (and without having to set and clear the "read
only" attribute).

Regards,
Geoff Harland.
E-Mail Disclaimer