Hello Ivan,

to set the file attributes to "read only" is no work-around in any case.

In our company the DDBs are stored on a Linux-Server.
>From my Client-PC with WIN-2000 i could not change the file-attributes on the
>Linux-Server.

Because of that point, we are working with two different Design-Team-Members.
The member "Admin" is allowed to change files and the member "Guest" is only allowed
to view files.
For editing a file we open it with "Admin"-Permissions.
When the work is done, we open it with "Guest"-permissions to view it only.

But be aware that Protel-99SE lets edit you read-only files - you could just not save
them.
I think this is also a big bug!

Another bug is that if you have "Autosave" activated and your read-only file is
opened, protel comes up with annoying messages like
"you are not privileged to change the CAM-Manager" and such things.

Because of this banana-software i burn every finished project on CDR, so i have always
a backup DDB when Protel makes changes to a
DDB by itself.

To prohibit Protel from unwanted changes to the DDBs i switch off all the "Compacting
Database" and "Autosave" functions.
Not very comfortable - but much saver when i have control which files should be saved
or not.

Florian Finsterbusch