Ivan,

I know it's a "work around", but I just set the "Read Only" attribute when
I've (for the moment) finished working in a DDB (and also when it gets filed
in the controlled documents area on the network).

The drawbacks are that you get that annoying question "Do you really want to
open a Read Only file?"...well, yes, actually, I do...
And, when you _do_ want to edit you have to remember to clear the attribute.
Note that I get odd error messages when I do it from the File Open dialog
box (i.e. right click->Properties), and then have to re-start Protel to get
the file.

Also (the list seems to be getting longer) you can't do things like make a
new Print Preview or reports etc...

Still, it preserves the time stamp.

Damon Kelly
Hardware Engineer