On 01:38 PM 25/03/2002 +0100, Tomasz Grodnicki said:
>For what purpose this parameter can be used?
>
>I wanted to establish rule to avoid positioning vias too close to SMD
>pads in fan-outs.
>So I set following rule:
>
>Scope1: Object Kind: SMD Pad,
>Scope2: Object Kind: Via,
>Connectivity: Same Net Only,
>Gap: 7mil.
>
>My whole board clearance was 10mils.
>
>Everything worked as expected, but this rule took precedence over
>whole board clearance rule for SMD Pad - Via regardless of nets
>involved.
>It seems like "Same Net Only" functions like "Any Net".
>For instance when I placed GND via close to Vcc pad
>(report-primitives=8mils) it was not flagged as DRC error.
>
>I must deactivate this rule before final DCR, but I'm interested what
>is the purpose for this parameter?
>
>--
>Tomasz Grodnicki

I think there are a number of precedence problems in the design rules.  A
useful debugging tools is to right click on one of the pads/vias and select
the "Applicable Binary Rules" or words to that effect and it should show
you what rules it thinks it is applying to the entity.  Probably won't help
any bugs but it can be a useful method of checking that what you think is
applying actually is.  It is also useful for confirming bugs before you
report then here and to Protel.

Ian Wilson