Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
> At 10:03 AM 3/25/2002 -0800, JaMi Smith wrote:
> >Michael,
> >
> >If the little grey cells are functioning properly, they tell me that it
> >was ANSI Y14.15 and Y32.2.
> >
> >As for the "T", all of the companies that I have worked for wanted the
> >"connection dot" regardless.
>
> In my view, the best practice is to avoid crossed connections *and* to use
> connection dots on the T connections.
>
> >I also remember that there are a few exceptions to the "4 way
> >connection" rule, specifically where there were symmetrical circuits
> >involved such as a dual power supply (positive and negative) where all
> >the capacitors came together at ground in the middle.
>
> I disagree that this is best represented with a cross wire tied with a
> connection dot. It is quite simple to jog one or both connections, or to
> stagger the capacitor placements. The former takes a little less space.

When I am trying to show a multi-signal connection to a point (e.g.
single point ground) I usually go non orthogonal, that is I have the
symmetrical signals come into the point from
an angle (not a right angle). The single point is readily apparent, and
there is no confusion over whether or not a tie point is present.

I avoid "X" 4-way connections, as schematics in the past have gone
through many photocopy cycles and a dot on a 4-way junction disappears
into the noise and dots appear where there were none. Even though PDF
distribution is more prevalent, most of my clients like to know that if
the signals cross, there is NO connection (regardless of there seeming
to be a dot present).

David W. Gulley
Destiny Designs