At 11:54 AM 4/23/2002 -0300, you wrote:
>The black silver oxide layer that will form has low electrical
>conductivity...
>
>Just out of curiosity, I thought silver oxide was conductive? Although I do
>agree that it would be hard to solder to...
>
>Tim

Its terrible for RF, I might point out.  One thing you don't want on your
transmission lines is a thick silver oxide coating.  Highly resistive.
If you have oil refineries in your area or other sulfur-producing plants in
the area, those unprotected silver-coated boards will turn black fast.

We once cleaned all the plate lines of a 6kw transmitter with Tarn-X from
black to shiny and witnessed a shocking 40% increase in efficiency.  And
this was at a relatively low frequency, 100 Mhz.
Solved his pesky power output problem.

Frank

Frank Gilley
Dell-Star Technologies