From: Wayne Bickers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, 23 April 2002 11:50 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: [PEDA] Gold or silver plating

Sorry this is a little off topic but you guys are the ones who will know.

I have 3 issues,

1) I require a smooth finish, hence gold or silver plating/ flashing
2) I need the PCB's to last in stores for a period of time, for arguements
sake call it 1 year without oxidising
3) I need to have some pads hand soldered and require a good wetting effect
(spreading of the solder when applied)

I would appreciate it if anyone out there has tried both and could indicate
which may be the better finishing material to use.

thanks

Wayne Bickers
Electronics Engineer
Tru-Test Ltd