Hello to the Protel Forum List!

I have just joined this list and have my first query. We have a huge number of PCB
designs in Boardmaker (an old DOS package written by Tsien of Cambridge, UK) and
require to import them somehow into Protel.

It has been suggested that the Gerbers generated by Boardmaker can be imported via
Camtastic. How can this method recover the connectivity between layers? How can the
plot of a pad on one layer relate to an identically positioned plot of a pad on
another layer? (or is Camtastic so fantastic that is knows that such instances are
vias?).

Any suggestions on how to tackle this problem and any general solutions to importing
designs into Protel from nothing but Gerbers would be very much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Ivor Davies
Diplomat UK Ltd