Altium is aware of this flaw in their software, and they have been aware of
it for a very, very long time. Their idea of a repair is to periodically (at
the user price of a software upgrade expenditure) increase a fixed divisor
value to slow down the flawed panning routine originally devloped back in
the late 1980's, but integrated into the Windows product to increase profit
margins (reduce development costs).

I've been waiting for this problem to rear its head again, as it confirms my
suspicions regarding Protel/Altium's motivations for not actually fixing the
problem. It's one more clever way for them to strong-arm users into
"upgrading" the product.

I wonder about Phoenix...

aj