On 12:01 PM 23/05/2002 +0930, Terry Creer said:
>Hmmm, I think you had a bit more success than I, Tom. No go unfortunately.
>Strange, it didn't do it before on the ol' PII 350, now it seems to get
>carried away with the P4 1.6GHz. When it gets stuck, it even freezes the
>system temporarily. I wonder if the Altium chappies know about this. There's
>nothing on the knowledge database....
>
>Terry

We have been on at them for years about broken auto-pan.  They gave a
sort-of fix with the panning options that are now provided - do you recall
how seriously broken it used to be?

Their fundamental method does not seem to scale well with increasing
processor speed and faster graphics systems.  They seem to have an on-going
problem with realizing the mouse has been pulled back from the edge, and so
panning on for longer than the user wanted.  Then the user goes back and
forth overshooting - classic transport lag oscillation.

Ian