Thanks for all your comments.

Igor

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Saputelli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, 1 June 2002 12:46 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Assembly drawing reference designators

some people like the assy dwg to look different than the silkscreen
for example someone may prefer on the assy dwg to have all the
designators 'inside' the component outline
this way they are completely unambiguous
on a silkscreen the designators are often 'outside' the outline so that
you can read them when the part is loaded

the special strings allow you to have it both ways but it certainly
doesn't make it all less work

we don't use them here

Dennis Saputelli

Igor Gmitrovic wrote:

> Could someone comment on what is the advantage of using .Designator string
> as opposed to default component Designator? You can move default
Designators
> to any track or mechanical layer, position them automatically and resize
> fit into or next to a component. Doing that with the .Designator string
IMO
> would require those to be done manually and therefore take too much time.
>
> Regards,
>
> Igor

The