Anybody know if there would be a problem using a dash (minus sign) as a
prefix?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Saputelli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 8:28 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] negation character redux

> We use "\". In PCAD you can type it once at the end.
> In Protel you have to type it after each character to
> get the same but it's possible. I don't see any
> problems with Protel itself.

it doesn't read well when it is a net label and stacked up on wires

i am starting to think i like the suffix # approach
if you use a PREFIX such as n_WRITE then your net labels list is sorted
by the negation character in front which doesn't really make sense

the suffix "#" is a normal but distinctive character and leaves the
sense of the name alone in a sorted list AND it saves a precious
character space

Cliff, in my book you da man!  case closed, at least for me

Dennis Saputelli