At 03:50 AM 6/5/2002 -0700, Mira wrote:
>"Net_names" like this look awful on the schematic and
>the printouts. Not recognizable at all.

I'm not sure what this means. Using an asterisk at the end, as I mentioned,
such as RD and RD*, is a long-used and recognized convention for negation,
and I have never had trouble reading it, nor do I consider that it looks
"awful." Perhaps Mira was referring to something else, perhaps the negation
bar, created in Protel with a backslash, which can have problems on some
printers.

The use of a forward slash also is widely recognized, i.e., WR and /WR.
Databooks most commonly use a full bar over a signal name to negate it,
which I am not going to attempt to represent in ASCII....

I don't do simulation and the like, so the limitations of some netlist
interpreters don't personally affect me; however, if they did, and the
method I liked to use in documentation did not work with the interpreter,
I'd be tempted to write a small utility to do the conversion to whatever
would work, instead of making everything hang on the limitations of the
program.