On 05:27 PM 20/06/2002 +1000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>Anyone know of a PCB manufacturer in AU,  capable of handling uBGA packages
>using 0.65mm ball pitch?. Morris Productions did one board but have since quit
>pcb production.
>

>BR Clive Broome

I haven't had a Lintek board done in years, and I do not know what layer
count they are doing but their process allows very fine details - to 0.05
mm (2 mil) tracks as a special - would not like to think about the
cost!  But their are tops in fine line in AU and pretty high up there
around the world from what I can see.

http://www.lintek.com.au

Interesting process they have - from memory uses very thin layers of plasma
deposited copper for the initial etch.  Being so thin the under/over etch
is very small allowing good control of line width, and very importantly for
the high freq users, excellent edge tolerance.  Ragged edges on high freq
tracks increases losses, lowers Q and causes dogs to bay.

They are who I think of when I need high end stuff.  But I am not sure of
how the multilayer vs line width equation works for them.

What clearance and trace width design rule do you meet? Is a 0.65mm uBGA
all that far off standard 6 mil design rule?

Ian Wilson

* Tracking #: D984E53B9522B64697F03FE79A777A9901AC3E98