Igor Gmitrovic wrote:

> Don,
>
> for the same reasons I see Protel (ie Altium) starting to lose thier user base. With
>the ATS useless and increase in prices people will start looking elsewhere. How could
>they explain charging us for the ATS and then they claim to stop support for the
>P99SE. What do they want us to pay them for? What bugs have they fixed so far, does
>anyone know? Have they fixed schematic annotation? I wonder if Mr. Protel (excuse'
>moa, Altium) knows what's happening in the field and how much would their management
>care anyway. There were number of other people in this forum with the views similar
>to mine. If they don't change something it looks to me they are going M$ way, down.
>Slowly, but surely.

Well, if they really believed that their user base was going to walk out on them,
they'd
do something in a hurry.  So many companies ignore obvious signs of customer
dissatisfaction for so long, however, that by the time they finally wake up, it
is WAY too late!

> Anyone heard of a Linux based PCB CAD program?

There have been a couple of starts, SourceForge has one that is a pretty decent
schematic editor, but no PCB function that is worth consideration.  I'm keeping
an eye on it.

Jon

* Tracking #: 567C4A6FBA77B048A29F13D5914363A4B11B6BB0