On 12:03 PM 11/07/2002 +0930, Terry Creer said:
>Greets All!
>         Just recently I have been getting 'ghost' button presses from my
>mouse in P99SE. When placing a track, I press the left button to start it,
>and it is as if I had pressed the button twice. It's starting to get
>annoying. Any suggestions?
>
>         The mouse is a Logitech optical scroll mouse. I'm using the latest
>drivers from Logitech (Mouseware 9.61) and running a P4 1.6GHz with 391 Mb
>RAM.
>
>Terry Creer
>
>Electronic Design Technician
>Clipsal Integrated Systems Pty. Ltd.

I have no idea if this is related, probably not, but Protel does use the
double-click timing (in the Mouse properties of the Windows Control Panel)
to differentiate between a short click and a long click.  The usual issue
that this causes is that people notice that right-click will cancel wiring
placement mode rather than just terminate that wire.  By making the
double-click timing slower you can control this issue - so that a short
right-click terminates the wire but does not exit wire placement mode,
while a longer right-click will exit wire placement mode.

It is possible that your issue is somehow related.  Does it change at all
if you change the double-click speed?

Can you remember anything that may have changed your mouse configuration
recently?

Ian Wilson

* Tracking #: BE19F8A4DF2655429C5983E2A6BBAFFB4F92DF90