Ah, but does Cadence offer semi-functional, non-extensible, and pathetically
sloooow 3D viewing? Or automated online submission of your precious design
data to dozens of unknown PCB vendors? Or half-assed SPICE and SI
simulations that make your entire computer system unusable for other tasks?
Does it offer a proprietary (but broken) multi-user sharing and permissions
scheme? How about metric conversion that changes your XY locations without
warning? Limitation of 16 hole sizes in the drill table?

All these benefits and more are yours with Protel....and probably with DXP
too!

IMO Specctra kicks all kinds of major bootay. No comparison to anything else
I've ever seen. Even using default settings the route quality is comparable
to manual design. If you make your daily living routing PCBs (note that I
don't), I'm sure Specctra will easily pay for itself in reduced layout time,
with the caveat that you have to become expert at scripting (DO files) to
get the most out of it.

BTW, anybody going to join Altium's DXP list? I bet the real reason they are
creating their own list is so THEY can filter and control the distribution.
I prefer to bitch here in a public forum where the world can read about it.