Rene Tschaggelar wrote:
 > It is not only that the time/date are wrong. Quite often members
 > produce an new message by pressing reply to a selected one and then
 > change the subject line. The reference however is still there.
 > There are newsreaders that also sort by referenced subject,
 > then the whole subject tree is mixed up.

You are both right - I can see the same and confirm.
I'm using Netscape 6 which can sort by thread, date, sender and others.
There is often a mess in threads caused by the situation described by
Rene Tschaggelar.
That's why I used to sort by date/time.
But recently, indeed, there is a mess here too - as Ian Wilson noticed.

Dear Members of this forum - be more cautious about this, please.

Thanks in advance,
Wojciech Oborski

* Tracking #: B24B40245D98894F8A12AEADCB6AFE669D65EA7A