Tim,

Protel stores default data that causes the behavior you describe.   You can
control what you get two ways.

1.  Check out the TOOLS - PREFERANCES - DEFAULT PRIMITIVE tab.   There you
will find the dialog boxes that allow input and editing of the things you
noted.

2.  While placing (ie holding down Lft mouse button) and object such as a
text lable, net name, pin, etc, press the TAB key which opens a dialog box.
Any thing you enter here will now be saved as the default entry for future
placements.   Note that hitting TAB after the item is placed does not
effect the defaults.

Regards
Dave Lewis

"Tim Fifield" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 08/01/2002 07:05:26 AM