At 02:20 PM 8/2/2002 -0400, Phillip Stevens wrote:

>It turns out that unless you already have a yahoo groups user ID and
>password you can use,  you end up going through the sign-up rigmarole
>anyway...it seems to be a direct link to an indirect sigh up process.

This is not correct.

To subscribe to any yahoogroups list, send a piece of mail to
[listname][EMAIL PROTECTED] You will receive a confirmation mail.
Reply to that mail and you are subscribed to the list.

There is also a web link in the confirmation mail, but it is not necessary
to use it. It is much easier and faster to just hit Reply/Send.

the address to subscribe, to repeat it, is
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

There are several good reasons to take DXP issues and concerns to the DXP
list. The main one is that questions asked there get answered by people who
know whereof they write. The respondent might be Mr. Loughhead (is he still
the Protel Product Manager?) or one of the programmers. Or it might be
another DXP user somewhat familiar, by now, with the program from having
been a Beta tester.

I have seen a number of issues raised in the PEDA list, and ensuing
discussion, that was simply rooted in ignorance (or to put it another way,
on documentation that is missing or has not been understood). DXP is
*different* from 99SE, and some procedures that would be done one way in
99SE are done differently in DXP. I'm *not* very familiar with DXP, what
with travel and a new baby, I wasn't able to give the Beta much attention,
but I've seen complaints here about DXP that also came up early on the DXP
Beta list. Difference was, those complaints on that list were quickly
answered with instructions about how to do the desired thing in DXP, the
facility was *not* missing from the program, and not only not missing, it
was implemented in a better way. The DXP users for the most part are active
on that list plus Altium personnel.

So at the present time I expect I'm not going to personally participate in
DXP discussions here. This list I consider to be for 99SE support; DXP
issues are largely noise for 99SE users, who can, if they  wish, listen in
on the DXP list or get DXP support there. Or even grouse about DXP. I'm
considering DXP purchase (or, more accurately, ATS purchase) and I
certainly plan to get my DXP information and support and impressions about
the value of the upgrade from the DXP list, not from here.

I will say, so far, that the improvements seem to be worth the ATS price,
certainly it is worth considering.

* Tracking #: 8E5625579531DD4597EC105A529349035115F3DF