At 10:48 AM 9/11/2002 -0400, Watnoski, Michael wrote:
>Daniel,
>Just use the link that's at the bottom of the page when you receive
>a message.

Mr. Watnoski's reply might work for the archive for the PEDA list, but Mr.
Webster was asking about the DXP list, which is archived on yahoogroups.
There is no instruction at the end of DXP mail as to how to access the
archive (Altium could put it there, but they haven't -- nor have I for the
other yahoogroups protel-user lists.)

To view the archive for a yahoogroups list, go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/[listname]/messages

For the PEDA list, we have established an independent archive at:

Unfortunately, there seems to be no public or member access to the DXP list
archive, probably because Altium has configured it that way (the default is
that the archive is accessible to list members). I suggest to Altium that
this is a shortcoming. If it is desired to edit the archive to remove
fluff, it is easily done, the moderator can remove messages.

Since the DXP list is mostly written by users, I think, however, that we
would prefer to establish an independent user archive, similar to what we
have for the PEDA list. This might actually be an advantage, because the
DXP list, moderated by Altium, could be edited to retain only useful
support messages, while a full archive for the few who would want to see it
would be available elsewhere. Or if Altium prefers to keep the full archive
-- much less work --, perhaps the users would edit the echo.

Abd ulRahman Lomax
Chair, Protel Users Association

* Tracking #: 5D1A6AF489097C408FEE366C4362B0EA207C17A7