Abd ul-Rahman,
        Could you please elaborate on why you find it difficult to copy a
polygon to another layer? I can do it without any effort whatsoever. I knew
I had done it in the past. However what I had forgotten and just
rediscovered is that the polygon does not change layer colour until you
repour it which is one of things that you would not want to do in this
instance. So you would have the unchanged polygon on another layer but it
would look as though it is on the old layer colour-wise.

        To copy the polygon I used the Shift-Click selection process,
Ctrl-Insert to copy, change layer to a mech layer, use Edit Paste special
with "paste on current layer" checked, click where you want it. When it asks
to repour the polygon, click no.

        The rest of the process is:
        Once it is pasted on the layer that you want it on, first "deselect
all" to clear all prior selections.
        Then edit the copied polygon properties to unlock the primitives,
DON'T REPOUR.
        Use Select Connected Copper on the copied polygon primitives.
        Edit one polygon track and globally change the layer of all selected
polygon tracks using selection "Same", deselect all.
        You now have a copy of your precise polygon on a mech layer in the
correct colour for the mechanical layer you copied it to.
        During the global edit of the copied polygon primitives you can also
change their net or other characteristics if that did anything for you.

        Once you know the steps, you could copy the poured polygon to a mech
or other layer without changing it's shape in approx. 10 seconds flat.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.