Brad,

Here is a copy of my post to the DXP forum concerning the Cam Manager:

It seems to me that the old "F9" to generate all fab outputs is now gone and
we are back to the old way of generating each output individually.  This is
a step backwards in my opinion unless I just haven't figured out how to do
it in the new DXP yet.  This was a great timesaver in P99SE as whenever mods
were needed to a board, I just made my changes and having the confidence
that all gerber, drill, test and pick-&-place settings were saved, I just
needed to hit "F9" and all manufacturing data was processed.  Now it seems
that I must run the gerbers, run the drill data, run the test data, run the
pick-&-place all independent of each other.  Am I missing something or have
we been sent back to the old way of processing files?

Also, since DXP does not recognize any *.ppc (print files) or *.cam (cam
manager) files, it would have been nice if DXP would have at least imported
the settings contained in those files.  Now one must reconfigure all those
settings over again for every older design if brought into DXP.

I have found out that it does not remember gerber output settings from
P99SE.   Plus even within DXP if you used "File" "Fabrication Outputs"
"Gerber Files", the settings are not remembered the next time you start DXP.
On the other hand, if you use "Project" "Output Jobs", the settings are in
fact remembered. Still no group fabrication output though.  In Altium's
defense, they have posted to the DXP forum that there are plans on
introducing a batch output process again.  I just wonder if it will work
like the process currently in P99SE and if it will import the settings from
P99SE designs.  I  don't understand why this option was removed in the first
place.

Rob

Rob Young
Design Engineering Consultant