i also never use PLD, Simulation or 3D non-viewer
i spent about 4 hours on DXP and felt stupid and robbed of my time

i am very skeptical about the fading thing which i think is driving the
performance degradation

brad you are right that the cam configuration details are very tedious
to check and set every time
i am not sure they blew that one in DXP as badly as indicated here
(but they might have, i will look into it)

they certainly did a nice job of it in 99, hit F9 and away you go
copy the .CAM file to another DDB and you're all set ...

i wouldn't describe protel as incompetent, arrogant perhaps

i think Ivan's idea about giving schematic away is good one
not that they will ever do it, but something along those lines may
popularize it enough that we will not be penalized for using protel
schematic as we are now

did i ever mention that i thought protel should export schematics to
orcad DSN files?
(only kidding - i keep hammering this but they will not respond to me
about it)

99SE SP7 item
add export to Orcad sch DSN files

Dennis Saputelli