Norb,
        what has happened to your files is probably quite simple. When
installing DXP it set the file associations for file extensions (GTO, GTP,
etc.) to Camtastic. When you uninstalled it obviously didn't undo that
association. Now you see your gerber files with a Camtastic icon, and
because your windows is probably set to not show extensions for 'known' file
types, you don't see the extensions. You could be sure that DXP didn't do
anything to change files that you did not open with DXP.
        To fix the problem you could unassociate those file types manually
yourself in the windows file association tool.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com
Norsat's Microwave Products Division has now achieved ISO 9001:2000
certification

* Tracking #: 776038794F18BB49A75E9900AFC289F291074EFF