Relax man. It's just a simple association that got linked to DXP. You
can easily link your cam files back to the external camtastic. It's not
messing with the files. When I first started to read your post, I was
thinking DXP was editing your old cam files. It's not.

It happens to be the 'latest' release of camtastic, right? It's now
buried inside of DXP. When I upgrade Photoshop 5 to Photoshop 6, I
expect Photoshop 6 to open my PSD files. It's the same thing.