> Yes, there is pin swapping within DXP. This is a horrible pox. Why would
> anyone wish to declare pin 1 is really pin 5 ?

That's not what pin swapping is supposed to be.  Pin swapping is where the
pins retain their proper numberings, but the nets that they are connected to
can be swapped.  Protel PCB v2.8 had this feature, and they took it away in
later versions.  Pin swapping is very useful when a PCB must be laid out for
2 layers, and signals must be flowed from one component to another without
vias.  I used this feature extensively on a PCB back in 1996.  I created the
schematic, brought the netlist into PCB, routed and swapped pins, then
corrected the schematic to match the routed PCB.  It was impressive the
amount of circuitry I put on that 2 layer PCB.  A photo of the board (see
"I/O Board") is here:  http://www.bagotronix.com/custom.html  Yes, that's a
2-layer PCB!

Gate swapping is also useful for optimizing routing when you are using
multi-part components, such as a 74HC14 hex inverter.

I would like to see these features put back into Protel 99SE.  If they have
made it back into DXP, that's good, I suppose.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com