Bob, it sound like you are having performance problems because of too many
rules. If so, the culprit is probably the Design Rule Translation wizard.
It pops up the first time you open an imported P2.8 file.

This wizard is not very smart and it often makes hundreds of needless or
duplicate rules for solder mask, power ground expansion and connect styles.
This can slow down your system tremendously. If so, un-check the boxes for
these rules, then manually create the rules you need after the wizard is
complete.

Hope this helps.

Mark Koitmaa
TechServ

At 04:49 PM 9/10/2002, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>I've had 99SE for almost a year but have used it very little.  I am trying
>to use
>it now to make a composite of two boards I did in PCB 2.8 (still my favorite).
>I have a 750MHz dual-processor Dell system and 99SE just stops dead in the
>water when it is doing things, especially trying to figure out the inner plane
>connections which it seems to do way too much.  The drawing is painfully
>slow.  I can't believe everyone using 99SE has a 2GHz or better processor
>but this is completely unusable in my estimation on my computer.  Are there
>tricks to get a decent amount of performance out of this software so I don't
>have to twiddle my thumbs for 5 minutes every time I change something?
>Thanks,
>
>-Bob
>Robert Ritchey
>Quest Engineering & Development
>1328 East Cottonwood Lane
>Phoenix, AZ  85048-4765
>Tel: (480) 460-2652
>FAX: (480) 460-2653
>E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>WWW: www.QuestEngDev.com/
>WWW: www.Smart-Fly.com/

* Tracking #: 020FF9E76389DA469F6E2FFC8BEB83812092ED4B