> From: Bagotronix Tech Support [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Wasn't AutoTrax the predecessor to Protel?

Yes. I was surprised to see that the name was being used. 'Suppose someone
will make issue. Didn't want to be the one. My understanding is that the
original code had been sold to a third party and had been redeveloped into a
low-end product for sale at Diogikey, Jameco, etc, but my memory may be
jaded...At one time, I thought that the source for those products was
SchemaIII.

> I wonder if the original DOS code has been recycled into a
> Windows app?  Did
> anyone on this list use the original DOS AutoTrax software?

For those who, like myself, believe that the Autorouter is code designed for
monkeys, though there are cosmetic changes and some enhancements observable
in the P9x series product, Autotrax was suitable for most projects that the
average P9x customer would use the product to produce. That is, aside from a
very small handful of board-house customers, most of Protel's user-base is
not designing and producing motherboards and VXI product, but simple two and
four sided designs.

It's primary drawback was the dongle.

aj

* Tracking #: 7B588C7AC7FF824DB9DCEB7E1E43E51780267E70