And how about that 1 page online tour?
I downloaded the app and installed it.
Tried to open a SCH using File Open -Schematic, and got a dialog box
that said:

Files of type: PCB(*.sch)

Nice start! It's a 'PCBSCH' file. LOL

OK so I find the directory where they are hiding the demo files (you'd
think the demo would point to the demo files) and find a file called 3D
Demo.sch. I load it and get a blank schematic. I'm wondering why the
created a blank demo, and I finally figure out the screen is zooming in
real tight so I'm looking at a blank section of the populated page. Very
nice...(not)

Panning is odd. The mouse wheel works, but it chooses the physical
center of the page as it's reference. Not usable IMO. Menu panning is
useless. The only panning I can find that is 1/2 way useable is the
scroll bars. Yuck. Oh wait, if I press and hold the mouse wheel I can
pan. OK, that's cool! Oh, arrow keys work too. OK, panning is OK now.

So anyway, this SCH file shows a little circuit and there are some text
instructions on the sch to tell me to launch the PCB design wizard and
start routing. I didn't know I could autoroute before any parts were
actually on the board! SO I move all the parts to the board and the
ratsnest shows up. I cannot move more than one part at a time. When I
select a handful of parts and then try to move them, only the one where
the mouse is actually moves. :(

I press autoroute and it works (no comments yet on the ability). I want
to see the board in 3D and their istructions tell me where I'm supposed
to find the 3D function: "Finally select View\View PCB in 3D from the
PCB designer menu to view the board in 3D" I'm in the PCB editor, and I
don't see no stinkin'  View\View PCB in 3D. Oh well...

Maybe it doesn't crash??

Hey, didn't protel have a trademark on Autotrax?