Everyone is probably getting this call from their fAultium sales office, but
I just found it amusing:

fAultium: (very energetically).. I was calling to see if you had gotten the
Altium DXP demo you had requested!

Me: Yes, but I didn't request it.

fAultium: Oh... ummmm....really? Well, anyway, did you get a chance to load
it yet?

Me: No, and I probably won't.

fAultium: Really? Why?

Me: I just haven't heard anything good about it yet. What are the chances of
Altium doing a service pack for 99SE?

fAultium: Huh?

Me: (repeat myself)

fAultium: (sounding important) Oh, 99SE is no longer supported! All
development will only be for Altium DXP! So, call me if you have any
questions about the demo! Bye!

Me: Ok, bye!

Of course this a little paraphrased, but is the general gist of the
conversation. I got a icky feeling that I had said a bad word (99SE). I am a
relatively minor user of Protel compared to some of you guys and 99SE does
very well for me, it never locks up unless I do something stupid (NT4 on a
PIII-600, 256Meg). I just went through a new product design phase where I
did 10-15 different boards over the last year and probably had one lockup (I
think I was trying to move components during a DRC during an automatic
backup, etc....in other words too much at one time). My point is I have no
reason to change and won't. I will definately not give them any ATS money.
My vote is for SP7!

Greg Olson
DSX Access Systems, Inc.

* Tracking #: 2495FC0B580AB047B4328246D2A8DE78C5F7C4E5