Ian Wilson wrote:

> On 10:53 AM 11/09/2002 +0200, Wojciech Oborski said:
> >Terry, All,
> >
> >It doesn't crash for me, it seems I'm the lucky one.
>
> Based on reports elsewhere it may be file related.  Should check a number
> of different files.  I don't have the P99SE example file installed so I
> can't test those and I happen to have few PCB files on my machine at the
> moment - all that I do have show the problem.   So I can't easily delve deeper.
>
> So it seems that the subject should be NQGTC.
>
> Ian Wilson

Way back in Jan 2000, I reported the following to this list (and to
Protel):

======
I have just started using 99SE, and have foud a problem with manual
routing.

If I hit "*" to change layers while placing a track, I get an access
violation at address 03352816 in module MANROUTE.DLL.  I can use "*" to
change layers while not placing a track with no problems.

I exported the PCB to the older format, and was able to manual route in
P98 with no problems.

I am using my old PCB (and SCH) libraries imported into P99SE.  I am
using the Windows file system, rather than the single database.
====

Protel recommended re-installation and the other usual black majik, with
no improvement.

I received the following comment from a member of this list:

> This Exception appears only in the free angle placement mode (Select with
> Shift Space).
> I reported this to Protel Europe on 12.01.2000

* Tracking #: 02DDBF6AA97AD548A41C049FDB30B75CF47ECCAE
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF
4004 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada
GPS and NMEA info and programs:
http://vancouver-webpages.com/peter/index.html