John,

Please see below,

JaMi

----- Original Message -----
From: "John A. Ross [Design]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 5:31 AM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Placement Data

I agree totally with the responsibility part respecting giving him all of
the necessary (and valid) data to build the board, but it is not your
responsibility to tell him how to run the machine.

> At the moment for 3rd party houses I need to document all the parts in the
> BOM and merge it with the PP data. If I had these fields available, I
could
> simply 'export' with the PP file in one process within Protel.

Granted he needs an assembly drawing and parts list, but you can give him
that seperately.

The point here is that being able to "merge" all of that data into the P&P
file would be a nice conveinence, and it would be nice to have. But putting
"roataion" data in the P&P file that is invalad or bogus, is just simply an
ERROR, and it needs to be FIXED.

One thing is conveinence and preferences.

The other is a real problem with delivering VALID required engineering data.

snip

While there is much to be said regarding everyones different philosophy over
just who is responsibile for what, and just how far you can trust things,
etc., etc., etc., all of this has little to do with the fact tha tthe
current P&P files generated by P99SE and DXP have BOGUS "rotation" data, and
this needs to be fixed.

This is not a question of phylosophy

This is a problem that needs to be fixed.

JaMi