John,

I just want you to know that this option works fine in Protel 99SE.

It's a very simply fix, it merely changing a single setting.

Go to Tools/Preferences dialog in the Protel 99SE application.

Under the middle tab, (graphical editing)select the second option in the
list - "Add template to clip board" and
Make sure this is DISABLED........

It's as simple as that. Now you should be able to cut any selection to
the windows clipboard and then paste it into a
MS Word document.

What was happening before, was that you where trying to cut or copy not
only your selection from the Protel 99SE application, but also the
entire boarder and title block from the schematic sheet. If your working
in a "C" size schematic for example, and you select a few components, it
would be trying to paste a "C" size image into your "A" MS Word doc.

It's not going to work very well.

Hope this helps.

Rick Wilson