Bagotronix Tech Support wrote:

> With a board that complex, your board vendor had better actually be doing
> electrical test, instead of just charging for it and not doing it...

What?  This is endemic in the industry?  I've had to can several vendors
for pulling this stunt.  But, when they get caught by me, with my (in
comparison) quite modest boards, there's no doubt what is going on, because
the boards come back with 50% failure rate.  IE. 50% of the boards have at
least
one internal short or open.  I usually get the test report from Advanced
Circuits,
so I know what their yield is on multilayer boards.  And, it is somewhere
between
50 and 75% on most runs.  The 2-sided usually come back at 90% or better
passing.

So, it is real hard for me to believe that many fabricators pull these
stunts of
pretending to do electrical test as a routine matter.  I think they'd get
caught
WAY too often.

Jon