so how does a 'flying probe' test really work?
i understand the general idea of a couple of probes walking around the
comparing connectivity to a 'netlist' made from the gerbers

but it seems to me and i think i read somewhere that this is better at
finding opens than shorts

whereas the good old bed of nails would (or could?) find both

anybody know the down and dirty secrets of all this?

Dennis Saputelli