From: Dennis Saputelli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 7:42 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] OT - Complex boards and time to Layout?

no, it was worse than that (easier bds)

they were meatball 10/10 mostly 12/12 bds
there was a giant pour on the entire top
the clearance on the pour was 20 mils all the way around the pads (to
make it easy and not get shorts!)

they said with a big plane it is harder to etch

there must be at least a bit of truth to that because i have had this
trouble with this type of board from 3 different shops - albeit not the
highest tech shops kicking around

the board was pretty long, about 15 inches, that may or may not be a
factor

once i got the right shop and ACTUAL testing, all the problems vanished
now we just turn em on and ship em

what a difference between that and chasing microscopic slivers to ground
at random points!

i don't want to name names because as they say 'sh*t happens' - i just
don't go there anymore

Dennis Saputelli