Ivan,

I'm a member of about a dozen Yahoo groups and have gotten *zero* spam
because of them (I know because I set up separate email addresses just
for Yahoo -- just in case, then I could track it's source). If you do
sign up and get a Yahoo ID, make sure your user preferences are set to
all opt-out of any Yahoo third party email (this is where I think lots
of people go wrong). That will keep you spam-free.

As far as harvesting email addresses goes... Yahoo obscures your email
address on all web site posts (public view) so that makes harvesting
very difficult also.

I was really really skeptical of Yahoo groups in the beginning, but
unless things change I'm very happy with their privacy policy.

Matt Pobursky
Maximum Performance Systems