On 04:10 PM 10/10/2002 +0200, Wojciech Oborski said:
>Anand Kulkarni wrote:
>
>>Hi everyone ,
>>I am trying to manually route a 6 layer board .
>>Right now I have the components that I need to route on the board.
>>I started to use the interactive routing mode;
>>bu twhen I press the '*' key to change layers instead of a via I get a
>>crash that advises me to exit the application.
>>Anybody have a clue about what might be causing this.
>>please do reply with you suggestions
>
>Just a shot - do you have your signal layers turned on?
>It has been reported some time ago by Terry Creer that hitting '*' key
>when there are no signal layers enabled may cause a crash.
>It doesn't happen on all systems.
>
>Wojciech Oborski

I did some testing on this at the time - it seemed to be dependent on the
file rather than the system.  Or at least on some systems the crash only
occurs on some files.

Anand, I am not sure but maybe you could try saving the file as an ASCII
file and the re-opening it.  ASCII file format can reset some
issues.  Before you do this make sure the PCB and SCH have been fully
synch'ed, in particular the designators should match, as when you next try
to synch you will be prompted to re-match the Sch and PCB components and
you will be offered a match based on designators.  This is a long shot...

Ian Wilson