> It always says that there are warnings about my PCB, however it seems to
> work fine when I let it continue.  I assume that these are undefined
> integrity (IBIS or similar) libraries.

Actually they are probably loops in the tracks. These loops may be under
pads and thus hard to find.
I ran into this on a board I was doing in P99SE and found that after it
complained most signals would work but a few would not simulate. I later
brought the board into DXP and DXP comlained that the signals had loops in
them and thus could not be simulated. One loop was obvious, but others
were under pads so hard to find without DXP pointing out the location.
Protel explained that this was due to the agorithm using the tracks not
the copper. I fixed the loops and SI worked great.

> How do you define the IBIS (or protel library file) to use for each
> component??

Once you take over a net you can double click on a pin in the net and
change the model and stimulus for that pin.

> How does protel store the simulation(signal integrity) libraries?

I don't know and as long as it works I don't care. ;-} I'm usually too
busy to look into things like this, and as I get older time goes faster so
I don't have the extra time I did when I was young.

> Why does it not import so many IBIS files, it always complains the the
file

I have imported a few different IBIS files, but I can't remember why some
wouldn't import. I do remember looking at the files to try to figure it
out, but not what the resolution was.

Hope this helps,

Robert D. LaMoreaux
MTS Systems Corp.