On 01:35 PM 10/10/2002 -0700, Brad Velander said:
>It sure will Mike. You can use pads, lines, fills or polygons on a
>soldermask layer to create voids in the mask.
>
>Sincerely,
>Brad Velander.

Mike,

Since you want a rectangular void in the mask - I suggest a fill rather
than a polygon - easier to place and manage.  Rectangles can be rotated in
P99SE but when they are they may end up with rounded corners when plotted
so check the gerbers carefully.

(The same technique - entities remove stuff on negative planes works on
plane and paste layers as well - though when thinking about paste layers
you should possibly think of them as positive layers.  The screen is a
negative layer but the paste is applied through the gaps in the screen.
Sorry if this confuses anyone.)

Ian Wilson