At 09:19 AM 10/14/2002 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>And that, in liue of the useless blather about "Four ways may not be used
>for any reason" coming from the two-year school, is all that matters.

My, my, what a way with words! Mr. Jenkins could write a book, "How to
offend and drive away people." It would be a classic. 'Lieue' was
mispelled, BTW, not that PCB designers are expected to be English majors.

Actually, I never went to school to learn what I do, except for one
half-year electronics course in high school (vacuum tubes!), and some
physics at CalTech. There are lot of experienced PCB designers who are very
much against the use of four-way connections, and for good reason.

>Bug's a bug's a bug, and that's what the original post endeavored to report.

We agree that the disappearance of a junction is a bug. However, it should
be noted that this particular bug predates CAD software. The original
reason for disallowing the use of four-way junctions is that the tie dots
might easily be lost in reproduction, and even if they are not lost, the
eye reads a three-way junction *much* more quickly than a four-way, which
resembles, too much, crossed lines.

Further, there have been *other* bugs, I've seen them in Protel and in
OrCAD, involving disappearing tie dots.

Frankly, I'd design the software to *reject* four-way junctions. Try to
make one, it would refuse (and suggest alternatives). Load one, it would
flag it as an error. But, yes, it should not remove an existing junction
regardless.

>P.S. Draw the classical transitor amplifier.

What's a "transitor"?

It is true that, sometimes, a four-way junction can represent a circuit
just a little more compactly than two three-way junctions. The compactness
is not at all worth the potential confusion.