On 03:19 PM 14/10/2002 -0700, JaMi Smith said:

>The issue is not to win friends and influence people, any more than it is to
>nit pick over spelling.

Beg to differ - you posted the original message in order to influence
people. The whole point of a forum like this is to influence people.  The
whole point of constructive criticism of the CAE program many of use is to
influence people (Altium programmers and management). Sprays and vitriol
may influence people, possibly not in the direction intended though - I
thought Andrew Jenkin's comments were just on the wrong side of the
border.  Been there myself often enough.

>The real issue is to get the people south of the boarder who don't have any
>inkling of the real issues involved in the real world of electronics to stop
>writing software that screws up a perfectly good schematic of an oscillator
>or other symmetrical circuit that legitimately uses a 4 way connection.

JaMi - please report what Nick Martin has said on this matter to be
fair.  Though some of this may be subject to the NDA.  But everyone should
not assume the sensible, sane, discussion on this matter is not being
listened to.  Just doesn't make good headlines does it...

Ian Wilson