Fred,
        I hear you 100%. From my view the issue is simple, DXP is blatantly
unfinished, bug ridden and not what we as users wanted. After more than 3
years of development if DXP is the height of Altiums performance then they
are in deep kaka. If DXP had come out as as a usable tool (sans missing
modules/parts) I might have had some minimal confidence in switching to it
within a year, that idea is history now. I almost replied to Phil's email
with a simple "Not on your life!" reply.
        I will continue to use P99SE for at least the next several years or
until I am forced by hardware/OS to search out the best tool at that time.
Who wants to migrate to complicated unfinished crap? Doesn't Altium realize
that we use this software day in and day out to earn a living, that living
isn't paid for by being their beta testers or product development resource,
it is paid for by getting product out the door smoothly and reliably. I will
sleep with the devil that I largely know and I know how to deal with most of
it's temperamental fits.
        As for Altium listening to it's customer base, they should. It seems
to me that they have isolated themselves for the past several years and
ignored the customer base. If they don't do some more listening and quickly
they will go the way of the other arrogant, self-righteous, can't do wrong,
companies of the last 2 years. Nobody is absolutely tied to their product
and there are other choices out there (some of which 'seem' no better but
they are out there).

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com
Norsat's Microwave Products Division has now achieved ISO 9001:2000
certification

<SNIP>