Waldemar,

I remember a similar situation. You could try two approaches:

1. save the DDB in spite of the error messages, close it. and do a "repair
" on this DDB. This helped me in one case.
2. Create a new DDB, and copy all documents from the DDB with the error
message into the new one, and then work from there. This also helps
sometimes.

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Kind regards

Gisbert Auge
N.A.T. GmbH
www.nateurope.com

                    "Kulajew Waldemar"

                    <waldemar.kulajew@ku        An:     "ProtelForum (E-Mail)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    ebler.com>                  Kopie:

                                                Thema:  [PEDA] Error when creating and
opening a new shematic.
                    22.10.2002 11:10

                    Bitte antworten an

                    "Protel EDA Forum"

Hello everybody out there.

Here is an ONtopic question and I hope there is somebody left to read it
and give me a advice for a solution ;-)
For I did not find any Answer in the manual and the Knowledge base.

I have got a Problem during creating and opening a new schematic. Let me
discribe:
A colleague of mine (in fact, my Boss) created a new DDB on his Machine and
put one schematic in it.
For he is in a hurry like every important person, he still is working on
99SE SP2 (!)
He passed the DDB to me to add an other schematic and do the Layout job.
Now, I added the missing symbols and footprints to our LIB, added the PCB
outlines, (VME3u629, from Protel3.4 examples)
and tried to add the needed schematic by clicking
File|New|SchematicDocument. Worked fine so far.
Now I try to open the new schematic, and got the Error mesage:
"File format not recognized"
after clicking the OK button it opened (!) and I got the message:
"Access violation at adress 0D6C8179 in Module ADVSCH.DLL. Read of Adress
FFFFFFFF"
one more OK and one more of the same message and one more OK, it seams like
I can work normally.
But I am an fearfull guy and dont trust a design with three error mesages.
Maybe there will come up one more? Or my design will be destroyed without
any further message???
So I desided to ask the gurus among you.
Did Anybody see this behavior before? Any experience with such problems?

Me I am working on 99SE SP6 on M$ WIN98.

Thank you in advance for any Information

Waldemar