From: Kulajew Waldemar [mailto:waldemar.kulajew@;kuebler.com]
Sent: 22 October 2002 10:10
To: ProtelForum (E-Mail)
Subject: [PEDA] Error when creating and opening a new shematic.

Hello everybody out there.

Here is an ONtopic question and I hope there is somebody left to read it
and give me a advice for a solution ;-) For I did not find any Answer in
the manual and the Knowledge base.

I have got a Problem during creating and opening a new schematic. Let me
discribe: A colleague of mine (in fact, my Boss) created a new DDB on
his Machine and put one schematic in it. For he is in a hurry like every
important person, he still is working on 99SE SP2 (!) He passed the DDB
to me to add an other schematic and do the Layout job. Now, I added the
missing symbols and footprints to our LIB, added the PCB outlines,
(VME3u629, from Protel3.4 examples) and tried to add the needed
schematic by clicking File|New|SchematicDocument. Worked fine so far.
Now I try to open the new schematic, and got the Error mesage: "File
format not recognized" after clicking the OK button it opened (!) and I
got the message: "Access violation at adress 0D6C8179 in Module
ADVSCH.DLL. Read of Adress FFFFFFFF" one more OK and one more of the
same message and one more OK, it seams like I can work normally. But I
am an fearfull guy and dont trust a design with three error mesages.
Maybe there will come up one more? Or my design will be destroyed
without any further message??? So I desided to ask the gurus among you.
Did Anybody see this behavior before? Any experience with such problems?

Me I am working on 99SE SP6 on M$ WIN98.

Thank you in advance for any Information

Waldemar