I got caught out on this myself, so I downloaded a gerber spec from the web
somewhere. Specifically, the line means:

%AD        Aperture description
D34        Name of the aperture
P,         It's a regular polygon
0.063X     Size of the polygon
8X         It's has 8 sides
0          NOT rotated
*%         End of description

The printout I have suggests that for no rotation, do not use the rotation
parameter. IMHO it sounds like the manufacturer's interpretation of the gerber
data is not correct.

Kiernan F