I DXF out to AutoCAD for assembly, fabrication & schematic
drawings because my company requires that all "final"
drawings be done in AutoCAD.

I send HPGL or PDF plot files of the AutoCAD drawings to
fab vendors, depending on what they require.

We send plotted drawings of the AutoCAD assembly drawings
to our assembly vendor as I can only generate A or B size
PDF files and our drawings are generally C or D size.

Regards,
Steve Smith
Product Engineer
Staco Energy Products Co.