I have a question about how to handle Assembly Drawing plots.
Does everyone use the Protel package with assembly drawing instructions on
mechanical layers for submitting?...
..Or paste the board into another .PCB file with assembly instruction
template and print size to fit page for the manf....
..Or export a DXF and import into another software package with a Assembly
Drawing template ready for editing before submitting?
 Also, I can generate PDF, SolidWorks, or Autocad files for the assembly
manufactures to receive. I am just curious what is the most popular among
you guys that actually use Protel and generate the files.
It seems easy for me to add the assembly instructions on the Mechanical
layers and print to a PDF format, but it sometimes can be too big for the
11x17 paper size and may even distort the film size when creating Gerber
data.

Any help or replies are appreciated,

Michael J B