It's also worth specifying the pins to be bent around a certain radius
*away* from the neckdown; bending them too close, or allowing the
leads to bend naturally at the neckdown without a nice formed radius,
makes the swiny things fall off at the stress raiser caused by the sharp
bend, especially after being subjected to mechanical or thermal
stress....

I've had so many of these leads fall off in service when myself or others
couldn't be bothered forming the bend smoothly, I always do it now for
important projects!

Hope this helps a bit
gp